For the last 9 years, Brenda was Principal of a decile two full Catholic Primary School. During that time she implemented major changes in curriculum design and development, strategic planning, school review, professional learning and development, performance management and appraisal systems. She successfully led her school through two outstanding ERO reviews, both with 4-5 year return times. An unrelenting focus on promoting student progress and achievement was a feature of the school.
Brenda has hosted visiting Australian Principals for the Centre for Educational Leadership, with a focus on ‘Gaining and sustaining literacy improvements in a multi-cultural school’. She has lectured 3rd year B. Ed teacher trainees on the challenges and rewards of teaching and has had mediation and mentoring experience.
Her involvement in education spans thirty years and included teaching leadership studies and presenting at conferences for the NZ Playcentre Federation. Brenda was Head of a Year 7 and 8 Department and Director of School Organization in a decile 9 Secondary College.
Brenda is an experienced Principal who brings a deep insight into high quality professional leadership, informed by sound research. She is able to assist primary schools in the following ways:
- Principal and Senior Leadership Team Appointments
- Principal and Senior Leadership Team Appraisal
- Principal Mentoring
- Senior Leadership Team Review and Restructure
- Professional Learning and Development:
- Developing a High-Performing Senior Leadership Team
- Classroom Observations for Effective Teaching and Learning
- ERO School Evaluation Indicators
- Strategic Planning
- Pre-ERO Consultation
- School Self-Review
- Performance Management
- Whole-school PLD ‘Assessment for Learning’
- Curriculum Design and Development
021 781 574
(09) 600 2087